I must have been a somewhat good girl this year because I was lavished with gifts from my beloved friends and family in a manner fit for a queen.
- a homemade, totally from scratch white cake with white frosting that was so delicious it made my stomach and my heart sing
- a fresh fig candle that smells of a lovely greenhouse. smelling it is making me dream even more of spring
- super cute storage containers to keep my vintage buttons in. my sister called them button bins and then I promptly shortened that to butt bins. she set me up for that one ... what can I say, I'm pretty immature.
- a hand carved stamp from India that was purchased by a friend in India and came with the tales of seeing similar stamps in use to create fabric
- a batch of the world's most delicious homemade red sauce that is prized in our house and hoarded until we make a batch of lasagna or some other delicious dinner
- a gift certificate to Townhouse Books cafe ... this is a favorite lunch getaway spot for me and husband.
- a hysterical and operatic singing of happy birthday via a phone message from minnesota ... an award winning performance that will linger in my mind for months!
- the cutest tote bag featuring a fit and flare illustration reminiscent of a Dior couture dress
- a scrump-dilly-ishous cheese souffle and corn pudding straight from the oven of the world's sweetest and kindest woman
- the funniest stuffed animal ground hog and ground hog's day book. I laughed so hard I almost cried when I unpacked the stuffed animal from the shipping box. It was so unexpected yet so appropriate for a girl who get's to share a birthday with the ground hog.
- the new Willie Nelson cd .... so fabulous!
- handmade bookmarks, itunes cards, a butcher shop gift card
- a hand delivered piece of the world's most delicious tiramisu from La Dolce Vita in Lemont.